The Ultimate Checklist: Do I Need a Bra?
By: Kate McCallum
There is no definite right or wrong time to start wearing bras. Fundamentally, a bra serves the purpose of making you feel comfortable and confident. Deciding when you begin wearing bras is entirely up to personal preference, not your age or social pressures. If you are feeling indecisive as to whether you need a bra or not, refer to this checklist.
- I often think about wanting a bra
- I feel jealous of my friends who wear bras
- I often get distracted about how my chest looks when I am around people
- I consciously choose to wear baggy tops to hide my chest
- I believe that wearing a bra would make me feel more confident in my body
- I find myself changing my posture (i.e hunching over) to hide my chest
- I feel physically uncomfortable wearing shirts without a bra (i.e tender, itchy etc.)
- I feel breast pain/discomfort that makes it more difficult to exercise
- My friends and classmates are wearing bras
If you agreed with one or more of these statements, it may be time to consider wearing a bra. Although your first bra shopping experience may involve nerves, anxiety, embarrassment and excitement, Apricotton is here to ease you through this formative experience. Through our easy-to-navigate online store, accurate and understandable size guides, and helpful blogs to guide you, we will make sure that you have a fun and super easy first bra shopping experience!